Sunday 17 August 2014

Repetition

I am currently in a creative vacuum  - possibily due to the fact that I am suffering from empty-nest-syndrome. A sitation I did not expect and hope to overcome soon...
Sooo - I went to my sewing room and started working on my piece on the repetition challenge. This what I came up with.



I have never worked with raw edge up so far. But this time I liked the visual depth I gained by not sewing the squares on to the piece. They are simply attached with a small knot in every corner.
When I was done doing that, I could not decide wether it would be better to cut off the pieces that are going beyond the binding so I left them on there, thinking I could still cut them off later on.
It's itching me to add something on to the foreground, like a butterfly, or some other insect. On the other hand I like this teasing aspect of "something is missing". What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. Barbara - nothing is missing! Certainly not a butterfly or an insect. You challenged us to do repetition, and you came up with a very interesting piece. Love the sticking out of corners, don't you dare cut them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Uta: no bugs :-)! Repetition and color are gorgeous!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I agree - don't cut the corners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete