Sunday 19 October 2014

While I have been quiet since joining the group, I have not been idle.  I completed 4 small quilts mostly using fabric that was originally made for other larger quilts.  Working in the 40 x 80 cm size was both a plus and a minus. Since I only use my own shibori dyed fabric, and I usually quilt my work quite heavily, it was a relief to work small and to actually complete a piece in a reasonable time.  I am working on 3 very large pieces for an invited show right now and the task is exhausting (but exhilarating, too).  I found the tall narrow format challenging in that it was hard for me to get proportions right, and I'm still not sure that these are the best.  Still rather than let the perfect be the enemy of the good, here they are:

                                                            Texture through repetition:





Change in Scale:




                                                   Black grey and white with a little color:





                                                                           Red:




So, there they are.  I think that I'm now caught up with the rest of the group. and I also think that I'll try to attend the show in Prague.
One last thing:  Let's all send our own Kathy Loomis a great big CONGRATULATIONS on having her work included in Quilt National 2015!  Way to go, Kathy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been really busy - and I think you really mastered the size very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Mary Lou. I think you did a wonderful job with the size, and in meeting the challenges! Can't see the colour in the black -grey - white on the picture, but am looking forward to finding it in Prague.

    ReplyDelete