Thursday, 12 May 2016

"autumn colours"

Just this morning I finished stitching "autumn colours".

I started by scrap piecing remnants in that colour range.

Then I overlaid it with an enlarged transfer of a drawing by Ellsworth Kelly. This required a bit of puzzling around, with mirror image and transfer etc.

not yet correct orientation of the overlay

And hand-stitched over that.

Some machine echoing for the background.

Of course, I ran out of bobbin thread less than 10" from the end, but that's the way it goes. And I had just about enough thread left to put that on the bobbin to last me to the very end:

And this is the finished piece (minus the tunnel, which will follow in due time):

Now for the signs and symbols... yeah.